Tragedy on the Branch Line (Railway Detective #19) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Railway Detective series.
- #1: The Railway Detective (Paperback): $12.95
- #2: The Excursion Train (Railway Detective #2) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: The Railway Viaduct (Railway Detective #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #4: The Iron Horse (Railway Detective #4) (Paperback): $16.95
- #5: Murder on the Brighton Express (Railway Detective #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: The Silver Locomotive Mystery (Railway Detective #6) (Paperback): $16.95
- #7: Railway to the Grave (Railway Detective #7) (Paperback): $16.95
- #8: Blood on the Line (Railway Detective #8) (Paperback): $16.95
- #9: The Stationmaster's Farewell (Railway Detective #9) (Paperback): $16.95
- #10: Peril on the Royal Train (Railway Detective #10) (Paperback): $16.95
- #11: A Ticket to Oblivion (Railway Detective #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #12: Timetable of Death (Railway Detective #12) (Paperback): $9.95
- #13: Signal for Vengeance (Railway Detective #13) (Paperback): $12.95
- #14: The Circus Train Conspiracy (Railway Detective #14) (Paperback): $12.95
- #15: A Christmas Railway Mystery (Railway Detective #15) (Paperback): $12.95
- #16: Points of Danger (Railway Detective #16) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #17: Fear on the Phantom Special (Railway Detective #17) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #18: Slaughter in the Sapperton Tunnel (Railway Detective #18) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #20: Inspector Colbeck's Casebook: Thirteen Tales from the Railway Detective (Paperback): $16.95
When Bernard Pomeroy finds a letter slipped under his door in the early hours, he flies into a panic. After dashing off a short note to his friend, he hands it to the porter at Corpus Christi College before hastening on to the railway station and boarding a train leaving Cambridge. However, shortly after disembarking at his destination, the undergraduate lies dead on the platform.Inspector Colbeck and Sergeant Leeming are summoned by the Master of the college to investigate Pomeroy's untimely demise. With the Boat Race on the horizon, the president of the Cambridge Boat Club believes their Oxford rivals responsible for the death of their cox, who had been heralded in the press for his talent. Yet it seems Pomeroy had ruffled many feathers during his short time at the university. With academic disputes, sporting rivalry and a clandestine romance in play, the Railway Detective will have to disentangle the many threads of Pomeroy's life in order to answer the truth about his death.
About the Author
Edward Marston has written over a hundred books. He is best known for his hugely successful Railway Detective series. His other series include the Home Front Detective, set in the Great War, and the Bow Street Rivals, featuring identical twin detectives during the Regency.