Dragon's Fire (Pern #19) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Pern series.
- #1: Dragonflight: Volume I in The Dragonriders of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Dragonsinger (Harper Hall of Pern #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Dragonseye (Compact Disc): $102.25
- #5: The Masterharper of Pern (Pern (Brilliance) #5) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Nerilka's Story (Pern #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Dragonsdawn (Pern #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: The Renegades of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: All the Weyrs of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: The Dolphins of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: Dragonseye (Pern #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: The Masterharper of Pern (Mass Market): $8.99
- #16: The Skies of Pern (Mass Market): $8.99
- #17: Dragon's Kin: A New Novel of Pern (Mass Market): $7.99
- #18: Dragon's Kin (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #20: Dragon Harper (Pern #20) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #23: Dragon's Time: Dragonriders of Pern (Mass Market): $8.99
- #24: Sky Dragons: Dragonriders of Pern (Mass Market): $8.99
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • “A richly detailed story on a par with the rest of the Pern canon . . . another successful McCaffrey mother-and-son collaboration.”—Booklist
At Natalon’s mining camp, Pellar embarks on a secret mission to discover whether the condemned criminals known as the Shunned are stealing coal. But the gifted tracker discovers that a far more treacherous plot is unfolding. A heartless thief named Tenim has realized there is profit to be made from firestone, the volatile mineral that enables the dragons of Pern to burn the lethal Thread out of the sky. When the last remaining firestone mine explodes, a desperate race begins to find a new deposit of the deadly but essential mineral. Sure enough, Tenim has a murderous plan to turn tragedy to his own advantage. Now Pellar and his new friends—the kind and gentle Halla, a child of the Shunned, and Cristov, the son of a corrupt miner—must stop Tenim. If they fail, it will mean the end for Pern and its dragonriders.
“Grittier than the early parts of the series; Todd’s apparently brought a wider, more current worldview to Pern.”—The San Diego Union-Tribune
“These fabled dragons still cast a spell.”—Publishers Weekly
About the Author
Anne McCaffrey, one of the world’s most popular authors, is best known for her Dragonriders of Pern® series. She was the first woman to win the two top prizes for science fiction writing, the Hugo and Nebula awards. She was also given the American Library Association’s Margaret A. Edwards Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement in Young Adult Fiction, was inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, and was named a Science Fiction Writers of America Nebula Grand Master. Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1926, McCaffrey relocated to Ireland in the 1970s, where she lived in a house of her own design, named Dragonhold-Underhill. She died in 2011.
Todd McCaffrey is the bestselling author of the Pern novel Dragonsblood, as well as Dragon’s Kin, which he co-wrote with his mother, Anne McCaffrey. A computer engineer, he currently lives in Los Angeles. Having grown up in Ireland with the epic of the Dragonriders of Pern, he is bursting with ideas for new stories of that world, its people, and its dragons.
Praise for Dragon’s Kin by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey
“Superb storytelling . . . Essential for Pern fans of all ages.”
–Library Journal (starred review)
“A guaranteed pleaser [in] one of sf’s most splendid and longest-lived sagas.”
Praise for Dragonsblood by Todd McCaffrey
“Todd McCaffrey does something I didn’t think anyone could do: he writes Anne McCaffrey’s Pern. . . . May the saga continue!”
–David Weber, author of The Shadow of Saganami
“The torch has been passed and burns more brightly than ever. . . . [Dragonsblood] fits beautifully into the existing history and style of earlier books while still breaking new ground.”